Saturday, May 11, 2013

These are a Few of My Favorite Things: Hair Edition

I'm not in denial...I am, in fact, a product junkie. I'll try anything to see if it gets my hair softer, longer more quickly, higher, bigger, more conditioned. Luckily, hopefully by reading these posts, you don't have to shop around nearly as often as I do. Above are some of my favorite hair products that are tried and true. Top left is Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Keratin Intensive Treatment. This heavy duty conditioner does miracles. Leave on during your entire shower, washing out at the end and voila - silky hair. To the right of the conditioner is my favorite post-shower serum. This "renewing" Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil by Organix is a must-have. At right at $6, there is no reason to not buy it. This product restores shine and softness and strengthens your hair. A girlfriend of mine at work even runs it through her hair during the work day to counteract mid-day dry hair issues. To the right of the oil is a hair pick. Of course, if you know me, you know I carry around a much "rattier" version from the 80's (it was my mother's and is a heirloom in my eyes). Back-combing is not just something you do to your hair - it's a way of life. Big hair, honey. It's everything. Next, we have Peter Coppola's argan oil finishing spray. Not only does it smell heavenly but it's perfect for non-hairspray lovers (I happen to LOVE hairspray). When wearing my hair curly, I use this as an all-over spray to help the curls hold without a crunchy, hard look. In the middle is my Conair sock bun maker. Buy one, try one, love one. Perfect for second day hair and an effortless up-do. Bottom left is my trust leopard print J.Crew headband. I use this thing to get the hair out of my face while doing my makeup, washing my face and for a fun day outing. Bonus - it's not cheap looking leopard print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment