Thursday, July 7, 2016

Need a reason to ease up on the drinking? I'll give you five.

Ok, so college is over. Didn't get the memo? I'm not surprised.

I am a rare breed. I have nearly quit drinking alcohol entirely. It is a rare occasion that I'll let my hair down and have a glass of champagne (or maybe a tequila shot, depending on my crew at the time). I have a list of reasons I nearly eliminated booze from my diet but easily say it was one of my better choices.

Here are the top five reasons laying off the booze is great...

1. You sleep better - and not the dead-to-the-world drunken sleep.
2. You notice a reduction in stomach fat (after a month of sober living)
3. Your risk of mouth, liver and breast cancer reduces (WHAT?!)
4. You'll quit throwing so much money down the drain (think about it...$30 at a happy hour three times a week....around $5000 a year...that's a lot of shoes and rent)
5. You'll quit having to experience the mind-numbing 3-day hangovers (because let's face it...you're not 22 anymore and invincible and Pam from finance is starting to worry that you're always face-down on the desk trying not to throw up).

With that said, cheers to tomorrow being Friday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment