Tuesday, January 27, 2015

These Lips Don't Lie...Well, Maybe a Little

I was just as intrigued as the next gal to find out how Kylie Jenner's lips suddenly got so plump and amazing. I mean, they honestly changed the way her whole face looks. So...I started Googling. And voila - I found the answer I needed. Not plastic surgery as I had worried. Instead, it's just a makeup trick being used since Marilyn Monroe's day - overlining! So, obvi I had to give this a go. I found a good color to try at The Body Shop (although, I know Miss Jenner uses Soar by MAC).
The key is to not overline all the way around your lips...mostly just the "v" at the top of your top lip and in the center on the bottom of your lower lip. Then, line the rest of your lip as you would normally...on the actual lip line. To achieve the look completely, you need to have a matte lip so just use the lip liner to fill in  your lips completely. Using a gloss can cast shine on your natural lip line and ruin the whole effect.
For some diminsion, you can add a lighter color on your bottom lip in the middle (a powder, lighter lip product, etc).
Above is a step-by-step of how I did mine and on the right, the finished look!

No comments:

Post a Comment