Thursday, September 4, 2014

Drugstore Products I Can't Live Without: Hair Edition

I've been growing my hair out for what seems like decades. It's like a whole new world. So maybe options! Every morning I have a series of thoughts..."Curls? Straight? Curly pony? Top knot? Braid? Craaaap. I'm shaving it off. Britney Spears did it." With long hair comes a bit of maintenance. I do believe in the occasional splurge but I'm here to tell you there are some fab products hiding at your local CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc. I'm here to save you the time and money and tell you exactly what to snatch up.

This Dove shampoo and condition with pure oil is LIFE CHANGING. Not only is the scent blissful but it makes you hair so soft. It feels like silk after just the shampoo, pre-conditioner. That's a winner in my book.

It's a 10 ...well, I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of it. It's truly a miracle. It's performs 10 duties...volume, shine, detangling, etc. What's not to love here?

This L'Oreal hairspray is perhaps more than Tresemme or a Pantene hairspray but...Rachel Zoe uses it. It's a classic, it does some heavy duty holding and has a scent that I'm crazy about.

Shower caps...sure make you look like a granny instantly but hey, they work. My hair made a 180 when I stopped washing it so often. I try to keep it down to 2-3 times a week. This cuts down on the drying, styling and overall stripping of my hair's natural oils. Another tip? Air dry those locks! I haven't used a hair dryer in over a month and a half and can tell a big difference.

Suave Keratin Dry Shampoo - this is my main secret. As I mentioned, since I don't wash my hair as much these days, dry shampoo is essential. This particular kind is under $3 and smells AH-MAZING! Spray at your roots and brush out your hair. I spray a little before bed and when I wake up. Give it a go!

This Organix oil is the perfect product for post shower wet locks. It smells heavenly and soaks into your hair easily. I only put this product on the bottom 3-4 inches of my hair and only use about a drop the size of a quarter. Always go for less first...you don't want to end up over doing it and having to rewash your hair (my worst nightmare).

Enjoy these drugstore products - less fancy but major bang for your buck! Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment